We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycle ride to Kenya

Tyremark 27 Jan 19:48  

Bike:

Hi All, Currently a small group of us are organizing a rally, from the UK to Kenya by bike, mainly in order to raise money for a charity out there (HSK), but also so we can have an excellent adventure in the process!
At the moment we are mainly looking for riders to join and create their own teams, as the set of date is end of sept.

I was wondering what advice you might have on good ways to spread the word/contact people or companies who might be interested.
Things like this forum are obviously good tools, but I was wondering what other people have done/would do to to reach the many (and im sure there are many people out there) people who would be keen.

Or corse our budget is small to non, but it would be great to know what people have done in the past with similar things like this?

If you would like to join or help or know more, please feel free to check out the web site, any comments would be much appreciated.

www.downrightkenya.org

Cheers
Mark

len2012 16 Mar 11:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Mark
Sounds interesting, my advice if you haven't already tried it is local bbc radio, they're always keen here in Essex to publicise that sort of thing.
Hope this helps, will now check out your website.
Regards Len

My Latest Route: Apr 2010 Brightlingsea Circular

happy 16 Mar 20:06  

Bike: Orange P7 with Rock Shox, Michelin Wildgripper Lites, XTR Chainset

My Profile
Hi Mark,

A few cycle sites have events calendars as well that you could try and get onto. As you say forums are always a good idea but your topic won't stay in long for most.

All I can say is I hope it all goes well! Certainly a great challenge for a great cause.

Happy

My Latest Route: Oct 2010 Livingston to Ayr Avoiding A71

fanta 02 Jun 09:52  

Bike:

you should start a cause on facebook and advertise it. Facebook is really taking over for these kinds of things.

happy 02 Jun 11:05  

Bike: Orange P7 with Rock Shox, Michelin Wildgripper Lites, XTR Chainset

My Profile
quite right fanta.

altho I think facebook is taking over for everything :(

happy

My Latest Route: Oct 2010 Livingston to Ayr Avoiding A71

Darkrider 03 Jun 14:38  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Mate

Good luck with your ride nah should have said event, where are you cycling to in kenya?

soe food for thought one thing that I was allways told to watch for is if you buy a drink from anywhere kenya make sure it is unopened, some naughty people drug the drinks and will then follow you down the road and nick your transport when you fall asleep.

Mind you that was in the 80's LOL they might not still be doing that sort of thing.

Dave

My Latest Route: Jun 2008 Willen Loop

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.