We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Commuter distance - how far do you cycle to work? - Page 2

1 2
dudley 15 Apr 11:03  

Bike:

My Profile
Clearly there are all sorts of cyclists in here, but for those of you that commute on the acoustic motorcycle, how far do you go?
Let's assume at least three days a week.

Me, i've got 13 miles each way.
only takes 5 minutes longer than the car, and with the walk and wait the same as the train.

around 50 minutes each way at present, but aiming for sub-45 mins asap.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular
upahill 08 Oct 07:03  

Bike:

My ride is dead easy 1.75 miles. Only takes a couple of minutes if I go one way. If I make it into circular and cyle a different way coming back there is a large hill so that makes it a bit more fun. ( As long as it is not late at night, pitch black and pouring with rain and Ive had a rubbish working day!)

skudupnorth 08 Oct 15:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Only 7 miles each way from Astley to Bolton in every kind of weather because the thought of being stuck in a tin box behind another tin box send's a shiver up my spine !

dominikzay 08 Oct 19:13  

Bike:

I am cycling 17 miles each way its taking me exac one h and its 4 days a week.

baba 09 Oct 16:49  

Bike:

My Profile
I have 1.1 miles each way. sometimes i take the off road route home about 2 miles. I also take and pick my kids up from school so this adds a further 2 miles to my daily total.

My Latest Route: Jun 2008 Hucknall Loop

dudley 12 Oct 06:21  

Bike:

My Profile
and we're now into the season of the pitch black morning starts

fun fun fun!

but then i do leave the house at 6.15

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

baggiesat8 13 Oct 03:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi,

My commute is 9 miles from Newhaven to Brighton which is a mixture of A road, shared cycle path, off road undercliff walk, then dedicated cycle path. I commute 5 days a week all year round. Quickest time 27 minutes, longest 61 minutes, never underestimate the strength of the wind. Average time is around 37 minutes though.
I use a Hope Vision 1 front light which at 240 lumens works really well on the 3 mile section of the unlit undercliff walk.

My Latest Route: Dec 2010 Bromyard to Hillhampton and Tenbury Wells Figure Eight

Davecr69 04 Nov 09:03  

Bike:

My Profile
Can't really commute on my bike at the moment - 36 miles each way with equipment and laptop. However, I am changing job soon and then it will be 9 miles to the station, 20 minute walk at the other end (or perhaps use a Boris bike) and then the reverse to get home. I have timed it already and it takes me about 45 minutes to the station.
Really looking forward to it as I am fed up in the current job, and incredibly fed up with having to drive the company sh*tbox every day.
Hoping it will also do wonders for my fitness and help with my weight loss (3 1/2 stone gone so far).

My Latest Route: Nov 2010 Bulphan to Upminster Loop

AideyM 12 Nov 15:01  

Bike:

My Profile
I cycle 9 miles each way from Streetly into Birmingham city centre. It takes about 35 minutes each way on my singlespeed. There are some inconsiderate gits in cars but fortunately the busiest sections have bus lane/cycle lanes. I do this for every shift barring my seriously early morning starts.

My Latest Route: Nov 2010 Streetly to Drayton Bassett and Minworth Circuit

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.