We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Comming back to cycling in London after a couple of years break

cinammongirl 04 Aug 08:19  

Bike:

My Profile
Hello Everybody,

I have been a London cyclist on and off for the past 12 years.
The last time i did a proper bike ride was the 2010 sky ride, and while i was waiting in traffic to make my way home, a worker vehicle directly behind me decided to give me that 'extra nudge' to get me moving forward.. in static traffic.
So since then i have been scared of cycling in London, and stories of cyclists dying hasnt made it any more desirable for me.

Cycling during the Olympics has been great so far as there aren't that many car zooming past, but i'm not sure i will want to continue cycling once the Olympics end and the daily commute starts up again full and proper in London.

Are there any hardened, careful, confident cyclists that can offer any advice? I do not want to stop cycling, as i have now realised what i had been missing, cycling gives me a feeling like nothing else, although at times it feels more of an adventure sport than anything else.

Please help? i have a lovely specialized racer that is just going to go back to collecting dust under my bed..

Thank you for your comments.

My Latest Route: May 2010 Woolwich Dockyard to Catford Station

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.