We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Coast (Yorkshire) to Coast (Lancashire)

Northenscum01 04 Jun 17:24  

Bike:

Wanting to ride coast to coast but on a mtb so with as much off road as possible. Anyone out there rode c2c and if so Yorkshire to Lancashire. Would appreciate any routes and advice. Thanks

London_Rick 04 Jun 18:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Can't help I am afraid but I'd be interested in any replies as a group of us are planning to do the C2C ride in September. We are planning to do over 3 days, what about you and when are you going?

It would be good to hear from anyone that has done it.

Rick

My Latest Route: May 2010 Baldock to Therfield Circular

Northenscum01 04 Jun 18:17  

Bike:

Would be interested in your route and whether your a mtb or roadie

London_Rick 05 Jun 02:30  

Bike:

My Profile
We haven't planned the route in detail yet but are intending to go west to east due to the (hopefully!) prevailing wind i.e. from Whitehaven to Tynemouth.

We are a group of 'hybrids' - not pure roadies but not pure MTB either so we like to try and do a bit of both. We do quite a lot of touring and try to combine quiet country lanes and cycle tracks such as old railway lines etc, we don't do any major mountain biking.

There is a good C2C website that has a lot of information on the route and accommodation etc http://www.c2c-guide.co.uk

Outrunner 05 Jun 04:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Along with Duncan C and 2 friends, I'm doing the C2C Whitehaven - Tynemouth in 4 weeks time, I'm looking forward to the trip.

London_Rick 05 Jun 15:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Outrunner,

It would be great if you could post a brief report on your ride, route, accommodation etc here once you have completed it. Enjoy the ride...

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.