We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Chesterfield to Bangor, North Wales, Advice or routes?

sgnm5 18 Jan 13:30  

Bike:

My Profile
I am intending to ride from Chesterfield, Derbyshire to Bangor, North Wales in the summer of this year. I am a novice when it comes to road biking though I have completed many long distnace montain biking rides. Does anybody have any suggestions for potential routes which avoid major roads? Also what accesories are pivotol to such a journey?

Zoof 18 Jan 18:22  

Bike:

My Profile
HI

Chester to Bangor north Wales on the coast road Its OK and flat R5?
I go round the coast to Chester from Manchester on A56 road its OK and flat
How do you get to Chester ?
You may try part of the Cheshire ring
good luck Zoof

sgnm5 21 Jan 18:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Thankyou very much, I will take that into account. Yes I was thinking of taking a coastal route as i know a national cycle route runs from Chester to Bangor. Whats the traffic like on the A56, being flat is definetly an advantage, thankyou zoof

Zoof 22 Jan 17:02  

Bike:

My Profile

Whats the traffic like on the A56 from Manchester?

Death in Sale on A56 to the Motorway

Take Trans Pennine Trail rail line
starts end of Atlantic St Seamon's RD macadam
then some good & bad

I go canal at More with M B but no good for road BIKE after frodsham its O K

Then pick up trail at mickle trafford (A56) to Shotton cross on rail bridge its o k

GOOD CAFE at end of trail

not wrote up full safe route yet (for M B)

Zoof

sgnm5 23 Jan 05:19  

Bike:

My Profile
Thankyou very much, this info is very useful, just had a look on google maps and this seems very suitable, may take the mountain bike instead of road bike because of that section on canal. Thnakyou again.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.