We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Bike Storage

briangreen 22 May 14:30  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi - I'm still a newbie on this forum (excellent by the way!!) Just commented on a few posts, but this post is a warning (I have just read the post about where does everyone live and it reminded me that .. - this week at the regular club meeting 4 guys have had bikes nicked in the last month. This is just dreadful - Apparantly thieves are following cars home with bikes on the back and breaking in to sheds and garages during working hours!! So all of you take care. If possible get the bike in the boot or at least be aware of anybody following you.. We reckon best part of 7k of bikes has now gone. 3 of them after a local charity ride we all did, so take care at big events... you never know what scum bags are watching.

I am pretty paranoid about theft anyway (OCD??) and bought a dedicated bike storage unit from these boys www.asgardsss.co.uk after reading about them in Cycling Plus. No idea if it acts as a deterrant or not - but I have not had a bike pinched and I back onto open woodland, so perfect for thieves to make good their escape!

Take care guys!!

mattk 24 May 13:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Good advise there Brian, I'm a bit OCD about looking out for potential thieves too... most of it just common sense really but its a shame we must have a 'don't trust anyone' attitude. It takes the fun out of adventures...

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN

briangreen 24 May 14:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Hiya - I know, I was bad enough before the recent thefts.. now this eve every car behind me was a potential thief!!! To make matters worse I had a look on ebay, there are lots of 2nd bike parts for sale.. who knows where they have come from!!!

There is another challenge I'm entering in June .. at this rate I'll be smuggling the bike in under a blanket and wearing a fake moustache and wig so no one knows who I am..!!!

Just spoke to one of the guys who lost a bike, they have now ordered the same bike lock up unit as I have - a little on the late side, but then we all learn by our mistakes!!!

Cheers

OCD B

briangreen 17 Aug 04:50  

Bike:

My Profile
After all my ranting about bike security at home with an expensive bike lock up shed.. Some little git nicked the missus bike from the railway station - cut the lock off whilst the deaf, dumb and blind staff did nothing.

One Cannondale Badboy gone!!! buggers.

tip - buy a bigger lock

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.