We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

BAR ENDS

THE BIG MAN 31 Jul 06:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi fellow cyclists i want help on how to install bar ends, iv checked the ehow vids one is saying hammer the end of the grip to pull it back and one is saying cut it off ??? any ideas > im putting them on a hybrid bike.

herbie 31 Jul 09:03  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Big Man ,

I can only speak for my recent change ..

I have a Giant MTB and fitted Specialized Targa Grip/Bar Ends .

I simply Stanley Knifed the rubber grips, as I knew they were fully coming off, down the center in line with the handle bar then peeled away. (don't go too deep - scratching bars).
and then levered the plastic bung thats fits into the bar itself.

If the ones you are fitting are just bar ends then only cut enough away for bar end to fit on handle bar and cut around circumference and leave the bung in place.

Hope this point you in the right direction.

My Latest Route: Sep 2012 Birmingham to Worcestor Via Canal

THE BIG MAN 31 Jul 09:22  

Bike:

My Profile
it does thanks, it had little plugs to put on the end once they are on

Specialized Chris 01 Aug 09:44  

Bike:

That was easier than i thought, I signed in today to ask advice on bar ends and this topic was pretty near the top of the list :-)
Anyway, i've only recently taken up cycling again and was looking at a way of improving my riding position on roads so my hands don't ache so much. I ride a specialized crosstrail and was also looking at the Specialized Targa Grip/Bar Ends, are they any good?

THE BIG MAN 02 Aug 05:36  

Bike:

My Profile
no idea bud, i got a pair of alloy barends with a forced bend on them. but not the most comfortable but im going to get foam handlebar grips for a drop down and cut them to size, should fit.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.