We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

4 -5 day cycle looking for a route or a good plan

jake gartside 04 Jan 15:34  

Bike:

ok so me and my friend we are 16 i will be 17 when it comes to the ride are looking for a goof route that will last approximately 4 -5 days at about no more than 45 mile a day, we will stay in bed and breakfasts through out so accommodation is thought of but we just need a route obviously preferable flat lands so we are looking at staying away from cumbria or the Pennines, also something that stays of major roads if anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

dudley 05 Jan 04:47  

Bike:

My Profile
don't be TOO scared of hills if you are aiming at 45 miles a day MAX.

assuming you cycle for three hours in the morning, and three in the afternoon, that's a leisurely 7.5mph pace (jogging)

Unfortunately, the best scenery comes with hills, (although not always)

are you looking for a circular route, or a straight line with a train at one end or the other, or both?

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

jake gartside 06 Jan 17:38  

Bike:

thank you for your enthusiasm but we have decided to ride to north wales to Rhyl and back.

Zoof 07 Jan 06:29  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi jake
you can ride from prestatyn along the seafront to Llandudno R7
and mainly of road along the cost to chiccieth if you wish

jake gartside 07 Jan 08:26  

Bike:

thank you i will look into that ride

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.