We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

off road routes around west yorkshire?

rebel 19 Jun 17:42  

Bike:

Hi, I have just started cycling and have been riding on the trans penine route between allerton bywater. leeds and bingley (i think!), been wound winterset and hawes wood, but was just wondering where else off road there are good long cycle routes?

looking forward to any replies :)

crammy 19 Jul 05:39  

Bike:

My Profile
I've done a few routes that I've devised myself for quick evening rides aiming to keep as much off road (or quiet roads) as possible in various places round West Yorkshire but maybe not long enough for you - mostly about 10 to 15 miles. Let me know if you're interested and I'll put some details together.

My Latest Route: May 2015 Mytholmroyd Canal and Moor

leelee 22 Jul 11:41  

Bike:

My Profile
i do stoodly pike at todmorden quite alot i go from bradford to halifax car boot out the bottom an pick up route 65 i think look for canal at sowerby bridge get on it there up to hebden or todmorden then when you can see stoodly pike on left look up carnt miss it
lots of ways up and down the melenium cirket starts here i think an goes all the way round off road i also have done denholme to hard castle craggs then canal back to halifax all good runs good luck dont have heart attack these runs can be hard ish happy peddalin

Deranged_Insanity 05 Sep 04:51  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm interested in off road routes too - I mainly ride disused railway paths....

My Latest Route: Aug 2012 Pontefract/cutsyke/methley/bottom Boat Circular

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.