We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

looking for leicester rides or cycle buddy

steve52 21 Nov 15:38  

Bike:

hi my names steve im 52 and getting back into cycling im looking for rides to go on and a cycling buddy im not too fit but working on it i do the ten in 31 mins and have had enough after 50 or 60 miles avg speed 16 mph at best ,im happy to go slower and shorter distances too im based in thurmaston leicester, please contact me at stevenking_9@hotmail.com

road runner 21 Dec 17:05  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Steve.
I dont know wher ein Leicestershire you are based but if it is near LE67 area (Caoalville) I am the club run secretary and you are welcome to join us.
Regards
Nigel

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Coventry to Chepstow Via Gloucester

steve52 22 Dec 12:40  

Bike:

hi thanks but i live in thurmaston , i know its not that far ,but have discover that im right at the bottom of the club run scale ,ie i need to be a bit fitter to stay with club riders, ps its the hills that do it your steve aleas canal leg steve

road runner 22 Dec 13:45  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Steve.
The Sunday run is for the first stages of cycling, my son comes and he is 14. Provided you can ride the 40 mile circuit it would be a good introduction. We normally stop after 30 miles in a cafe. You could bring bike on back of car and leave it at the meating point. For your information we meet at 9:00 am in Heather in the Queens Head pub.
Hope to see you there sometime.
Nigel

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Coventry to Chepstow Via Gloucester

Mazz 09 Apr 11:59  

Bike:

Hi Steve. I see your post was 21st Nov so you are probably very much fitter now. I know Thurmaston well and am not too far from there myself.

If you ever want the company of a slow 54 year old woman let me know. I am hoping to do London to Paris in June or July but am a long way short of that so far.
Mary

steve52 11 Apr 17:20  

Bike:

hi mazz id love a ride out with you as company, i havent been using this forum much but will look for a reply, or u can email me stevenking_9@hotmail.com im also on msn feel free to use that,anyway take care hope to here from u soon

steve52 01 May 10:55  

Bike:

still looking for a partner moderate fitness,ie im still 30 plus for a ten but generally ride even slower

iljiljones 24 Feb 11:58  

Bike:

hi steve, I am desperately looking for someone to kick me in to gear... and was chuff to see a reply from Mary. I've also signed up for the london to paris in june and was really aiming to be well in to it by now. But was laid low all over the winter - so I have a bike and have not really used it.
So Mary or Steve or anyone... if you fancy cycling with me in the evenings or at weekends I'd really appreciate it!
Yona
email iljiljones@googlemail.com

chris wilcox 17 Jun 18:27  

Bike:

hey mate i work on barkby rd i dont mind meeting up for rides im maybee not as fast as you i do thirty miles a day 8 hours on my bench at work i get tired but i love to ride i give you my e mail chris_wilcox@hotmail.com the sky rides are nice a little slow but nice folks cheers chris