We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

just starting up again

richie1 16 Aug 10:58  

Bike:

hi can anyone recomend a good but easy route in or around washington for me and wife have not cycled for 20+ years so wishing to take it easy to start thanks

eltelio 17 Aug 12:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Just a suggestion but the C2C track in the Fatfield area I think would be ideal for starting out. You could go east or west for miles, on traffic free, good surfaces, through either James Steel Park to Cox Green, or to Beamish. The track does get pretty busy during the summer months but i've never had problems. Would also advise to build up the mileage gradually. Dont try the "chuck meself in the deep end" approach as I did and nearly put myself off for life. Once you are into it again theres miles of track and quiet routes in the area to be be enjoyed. Good luck anyway, enjoy the riding,..Tel

My Latest Route: May 2012 Wylam and Beyond

richie1 18 Aug 07:10  

Bike:

thanks tel will give it a go this week

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.