We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

The Brilliant Bliss Biking Bonanza!

chadwick_mark 20 Aug 05:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi all,

Stumbled upon this site today, and I must say its fantastic! Loads of routes to look at and really good information on each!

The question...

I am organising a charity bike ride in aid of Bliss. This will be for around 10 people in total.

I am looking for a low difficulty circular route, taking about 3 hours per lap, which will allow low ability participants to do 1/2 laps and others to do as many as they wish! I would like the course to be as scenic as possible and incorporate a nice pub for lunch!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

My Latest Route: Sep 2009 Shoebury Circular via Rochford
raywebb 20 Aug 14:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Mark,

There's quite a few in Essex to do, what area were you looking at?

chadwick_mark 21 Aug 08:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Ray,

Would be in the Southend area

Thanks,

Mark

raywebb 21 Aug 15:29  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, start at the coastgurds at Uncle Tom's Cabin car park (Eastern end of seafront) then Shoebury, Gt Wakering, Rochford, Stambridge, Paglesham, Canewdon. Hullbridge, Battlesbridge (Pub at the Antique Center) then back through Hockley towards Eastwood, Rochford Sutton Rd down to the seafront. It's about 18 liles but if you look on a map you can cut it short.
It's quite a popular route for a lot of the bikers in the area.

As a seperate subject, have you looked at doing the Foulness ride on the 13th Sept..it's a good day out!!

raywebb 21 Aug 15:30  

Bike:

My Profile
Sorry about all the typo's...hit enter before checking...DOH!!!!!

RonnieG 23 Aug 04:03  

Bike:

My Profile

Yes there are loads of short / long routes around the town and out into the countryside. If it's a real simple one you want with the ability for some to do 4-6 miles and others more you could look at the cycle path along the sea front. From the coastgaurds hut down to the Pier and onto Chalkwell...and back etc. Pubs........loads.

chadwick_mark 24 Aug 07:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Ray and Ronnie,

Thanks guys this is great stuff!

Ray - I had considered the Foulness ride and may look into this more as sounds like a good option. My understanding is that this is in aid of bosom pals? Not that this is a problem but i have already been involved in some fund raising for them this year (a 5-a-side competion at work) and would like to spread our efforts to other charities (namely Bliss)

Thanks,

Mark

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.