We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

New To Road Cycling At 44

Redtail 28 Aug 14:42  

Bike:

Hello All,
Having been a mountain biker for a few years, mainly riding up to four laps of Grafham Water in a session.
I always wanted a road bike, like l had as a teenager, But having ended up on crutches after an operation to fix my knee
after a power kitting fall. I found myself getting fat with a high BMI. This had to change l thought, and told myself that if l lost weight l
would reward myself with a new bike.
Now one year later , lm 44 and three stone lighter. lm still trying to loose a little bit more weight, but l could not wait any longer.
To cut this story down a bit. I now have a "Carrera Virtuoso Ltd " and in the first three weeks l have over 300 miles on the clock.
I have only just joined the "Cycle Route Website" and l must say, I really like the routes and tips posted on the site.
I will cycle some of them and give my feedback, If anyone of a similar age would like to meet up for a cycle, then get in touch.
So far lm a solo cyclist as lm not out to break any speed records, l tend to keep to quiet fen roads around Ramsey,
with my longest trip so far of 42 miles.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy your bikes.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.