We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Leicestershire Cycling buddy PER LEASE!

Cocoa Pops 26 Mar 16:13  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm back on the ball now and really keen to find some regular companionship for my little cycles around Leicestershire and possibly beyond in the wilderness for the near, and forseeable future. I am currently able to do about 50 miles fairly comfortably, about 13mph, on the road but obviously want to improve on this. My freinds can't seem to keep up or don't love cycling as much as i do. :( Also just started mountain biking this year as well so.....

My Latest Route: Jun 2013 Great Bowden/market Harborough to Rutland Water Loop
gabrielczyk 08 Apr 16:12  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey Cocoa Pops
Also looking to do some cycling around Leicestershire. I'm based in the city centre and generally head towards Rutland water at the weekends -a few decent climbs here and there but an overall an easy ride. I'm on par with your 50miles @ 13mph although I'm trying to up my game for mid-distance TT.

My Latest Route: Apr 2012 Leicester-melton Loop

Cocoa Pops 09 Apr 05:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey Gabriel?
Great to hear from you!! I have been hiking all of last week so had a week off the cycling but want to get a couple in this coming week. Going out for a little ride today (20/30 miles) but would be up for a cycle on sat or sun? as going to cambridge for a few days. Apparently it's good training around Houghton on the Hill? Let me know and we can arrange something, if you're based in the city it shouldn't be too hard to meet up. I am based off Narborough Rd.

Cheers

Siu

Cocoa Pops 09 Apr 11:36  

Bike:

My Profile
in fact sun looks like the best day for a cycle? i'll prob go hiking on sat as dont mind the rain when hiking

gabrielczyk 12 Apr 12:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Sunday and the Houghton area sound good. Sent you a message with a contact number.

Rob

Cocoa Pops 12 Apr 20:09  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey Rob

Had to send you an email myself as cant seem to find your message???

gabrielczyk 13 Apr 01:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Yeah, I don't think the "contact member" messaging/email thing works, as I've not received your email. Try sending me something directly to: Rgabrielczyk@googlemail.com and I'll get back to you with a time/location/route for Sunday.

Rob

Atkination 16 Apr 09:51  

Bike:

Hi Guys I've literally just joined this site as I'm doing the leicester to skegness charity bike ride and need someone to train with looking to do like 50 mile rides don't really know my level yet as I've only been doing 12 miles a day to work I've been doing that for years and i go to the gym and various other sports so i have a decent level of fitness I'm 32 and live in thurmaston so early saturday or sunday morning rides are need to get me into some sort of shape for the buggy let me know ? add me on Facebook as well ben atkins

Cheers

Cocoa Pops 16 Apr 12:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Ben,

I'm sure you're a lot fitter than you think, prob on a parr with Rob...? although I am happy to do the distance :) out of practice these days.... I'm planning another 50 ish miler on sun which you are welcome to join me for? Will look for you on FB and we can chat details on there??

gabrielczyk 16 Apr 15:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Ben,

You're more than welcome to join us at the weekend for some 50-milers.
Siu- I rekon I can make it this Sunday, have managed to shuffle some tasks around *hurray.* Let me know if you get a route together.

Rob

Cocoa Pops 16 Apr 16:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey Rob,

That's awesome news! It will however be raining this weekend :/
Get yer waterproofs ooot!
Would you have a preference for route area at all? Let's all look :)

Cocoa Pops 17 Apr 16:56  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey Guys,

Change of plan for me this weekend . Got work on Fri and Sat night so cant make it this weekend :( at least not for a long ride....you boys will have to go alone

gabrielczyk 18 Apr 00:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Ben, if you still want to go for a cycle on Sunday, shoot me an email (address is in an earlier post) as I'm not on Facebook, and we'll sort something out. Ta.

Siu- make sure you're free to come out for a cycle the next weekend we're expecting heavy rain! :P

Rob

Cocoa Pops 20 Apr 03:30  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey Guys,

I'm going out for a little ride on sat (prob 30 miles ish, leaving at 12pm) and prob about 40 miles on sun leaving at 1pm. Are you guys in or out this weekend?

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.