We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Jurassic coast Dorset and Devon Help.

gezshaper 11 Feb 12:37  

Bike:

Copied from main forum if thats not out of order.

Hi all,
New to the forum. I'm planning a 3 day trip in the summer and need a bit of help with the route. Last year a group of us cycled the devon coast to coast over a weekend - Ilfracombe to Plymouth - and this was easy enough because its a well cycled route and well posted. This year we are looking at the south coast provisionaly Bournemouth to Teignmouth along the coast. This may be shorter if we can cover less roads. I know national route 2 runs along here in places but information on the route isnt that good. Can anyone give me any interesting routes in this area. We dont really want to be riding the whole weekend on road and would like to hug the coast when possible. 100 - 120 miles over 3 days is possible though this can be adjusted depending on the ease or difficulty of the routes we find.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

girodelmenga 17 Feb 08:36  

Bike:

I'm working on the very same route. same miles, same time.
we know we want to sleep in a pub close to poole. local brewery.

did you find anything interesting?

dwilkins 02 Aug 05:40  

Bike:

Hello i'm planning a route like this too, did you do this and do you have any notes etc that might help us plan our trip.? We'd really appreciate your insight on route + places to stay etc
Thank you very much
Dennis
denniswilkins@btinternet.com

Mark Bayliss 11 Aug 20:32  

Bike:

My Profile
My comments cover mainly the Dorset section of the route. In order to keep close to the coast your're going to have to some ups and downs. If staying on roads then you can't avoid some busy ones - especially in the summer. For three days then it could be divided up into 1) Bournemouth->Weymouth 2) ->Seaton -> 3)Teignmouth

1:Bournemouth->Sandbanks along seafront->Studland (via chain ferry)->Corfe Castle (could detour via Swanage)->East Lulworth via Ridgeway Hill-> Owermoigne->A353 (no easy alternative)->Weymouth

2) Weymouth ->Rodden->Abbotsbury then serious climb on B3157 (busy in summer but great views)->West Bay->Bridport->Higher Eype->A35 (for descent only)->Chideock
->Whitchurch Canonicorum (via minor roads)->Charmouth ->Lyme Regis (steep climb and main road, A3052 ..alternative is detour via Wooton Fitzpaine, Monkton Wylde & Uplyme)
..then -> B3165 followed by short steep climb->A3052->RCR 52->Seaton

3) Seaton->Branscombe (use minor roads for steepish climb out of Berr) ->Branscombe
->Sidmouth (via steep climb and very steep descent - care as its >.20%)

then ??

I hope that little bit helps

Mark

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 Sandwich Faversham Sandwich

gezshaper 11 Aug 23:47  

Bike:

We head out over the bank holiday weekend. We've shortened the route somewhat as we're planning to travel off road as much as we can along the coast path. Spoke to Devon and Dorset council and although they do not promote cycling the coastal path (some frown upon it) it is not illegal. We are now heading from Exmouth to Portland Bill over three days. Cycling off road is much more fun but it can take double the time to travel so some long days in the saddle may be in order. We have a group of eight riders and have booked a campsite near Lyme Regis which we will use as a base. National cycling routes are scarce in this area so I used www.mapometer.co.uk to plan the daily routes and a few of us are going to be using the 'ViewRanger' App which is excellent has OS capability.

I will post after we have finished the ride with more details

Cheers

JenniferHopson 23 May 06:38  

Bike:

Cycle route forum has the England forum about Dorset forum. You can choose the area with the national route 2 runs along here in places. If you're a college student then get [url=https://australianwritings.net/]australian writings[/url] services to manage their essay work. They are providing provisional methods as work. You can make your informational routes. Join in.

seomind 03 Dec 09:17  

Bike:

My Profile
Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts Touchstone Crystal Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 09:38  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed! Keep stuff like this coming. Touchstone Crystal Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 09:42  

Bike:

My Profile
I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing. Touchstone Crystal Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 09:47  

Bike:

My Profile
I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. Touchstone Crystal Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:00  

Bike:

My Profile
I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. Touchstone Crystal Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. Touchstone Crystal Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:08  

Bike:

My Profile
wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Touchstone Crystal Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:12  

Bike:

My Profile
I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks Touchstone Crystal Reviews

Leahyan 05 Oct 07:04  

Bike:

My Profile
The Jurassic Coast in Dorset and Devon is a true natural wonder! Its stunning cliffs and unique geological features offer a glimpse into Earth's ancient history. Whether you're a fossil enthusiast, a nature lover, or just looking for a picturesque coastline, this UNESCO World Heritage Site has something for everyone. Don't miss out on exploring the fascinating stories etched in the rocks and enjoying the breathtaking best homework help service views along this iconic stretch of coastline.

patrickgoodman 07 Oct 05:37  

Bike:

Reloadable Cloned Prepaid card Online
Buy Reloadable Cloned Cards. We provide a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee on all online purchases of reloadable counterfeit prepaid cards. Our team respectfully asks that you get in touch with us within 7 days of receiving your goods if you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason.

Buy counterfeit Euro 100 Bills Online
Buy 100 Euro Bills. Do you like to buy counterfeit currency at inflated costs and high quality? You will be able to buy double banknotes and bills of grade A. Online payment for counterfeit EUR 100 notes. For a 5-year guarantee, all of our money is duplicated in full and rendered invisible to the hands and eyes

Buy Fake Euros Online That Appear Real
Buy counterfeit euros online, we are a reputable company that creates counterfeit currency of A++ grade for all of our esteemed clients all around the world. We now provide a large selection of currencies with the highest ratings. On all business days, you may contact us, and you can also follow us on social media to receive regular updates. You may get in touch with us to buy fake euros online and enjoy all of its advantages.

Fake Canadian Dollars for Sale. You can obtain high-quality fake Canadian dollars for sale online at BuyFakeNotes.com since we let clients buy fake CAD at low prices. Because we regard banknote printing as an art form, we provide the best hard-to-trace invisible Canadian dollars for sale. Shopping malls, medical facilities, pharmacies, small stores, and gas stations accept Canadian currency effortlessly. You may save money by purchasing counterfeit or real currency online at BuyFakeNotes.com. If you want to buy fake Canadian dollars that seem authentic online, contact us right now.

Buy High Balance Clone Cards. The High Balance Clone Credit Cards for sale are completely risk-free. We are one of the most comprehensive online credit card companies. We manufacture undetectable authentic High Balance Clone Cards with complete security measures for sale. Trust us since obtaining a credit card from us is less dangerous and less expensive. Online Purchase of High-Balance Clone Cards

Buy Cloned Credit Cards. Are you planning a large buy but your balance is close to zero? Do you long for the ease of being cashless? Dvlasolutions has expanded your financial possibilities by selling cloned credit cards that are ideal for any use. They are far simpler to transport than large amounts of currency and provide greater purchasing power than a single banknote. Take advantage of the simplicity and buy everything you want! Cloned cards for sale USA

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.