We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Grays to London

paul.nye 18 May 21:25  

Bike:

Hi, does anyone have a commutable cycle route from Grays in Essex to Leicester Square London. I belive there are cycle lanes on the new A13 however given the amount of HGV's who use this section of road I'm not sure I would want to try it. Does anyone have any idea how long it would take? Also how do you get past Limehouse Link which i dont believe you are allowed through on a bike. Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

miss b 30 May 19:31  

Bike:

Hi I plotted this route using TFL and google maps - from the station in Grays to the City - so to Leicester Square will be a bit further.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=A126%2FCrown+Rd&daddr=Unknown+road+to:A1203%2FLimehouse+Link+to:A3211%2FLower+Thames+St+to:Cousin+Ln&geocode=FcB3EQMdhO8EAA%3BFTr8EQMdLgQAAA%3BFacBEgMdxHL__w%3BFSb3EQMdLMH-_w%3BFUL5EQMd1pn-_w&hl=en&mra=mr&mrcr=0&via=1,2,3&dirflg=w&sll=51.476211,0.329075&sspn=0.006763,0.019011&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

I'm probably going to try the route tomorrow and see how long it takes! I'll let you know

Bigginger 02 Aug 13:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Paul

Have you had any luck sorting out a route? If not I have colleagues at work who ride from Grays into Canary Wharf so I could ask them how they do it.

Are you riding an MTB or a road bike?

Did you know it is possible to get from Grays Riverside to Rainham without using roads (Well apart from one small section in Purfleet) some of it is a bit rough and you do need to carry the bike over a a small bridge and down some stairs so only suitable for and MTB and back pack rather than a road bike with panniers. If you interested I could always meet you and show you the route.

Regards

Mark

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Leigh on Sea Loop via Canvey Island

Scotty 30 Dec 16:09  

Bike:

Hi Paul
further to your note 18/5/09 did anyone come back to you re a cycle friendly route from Grays to London ?
Many thanks
Scott