We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Getting backin the saddle after a break.

allanbee 13 Oct 23:17  

Bike:

Hi guys,
I'm Allan and live in south shields and am just getting back on my bike after a while off, so looking for some contacts who might be interested in a ride out in the future. I ride a hybrid so no heavy off roading and I have done the hadrians wall route a couple of years ago,so not a complete beginner either, although that was a hard two days!! The main problem is I work away overseas and tend to do 3 month tours so keeping in contact with people can be tough, found this site and thought I might give it a try. Trying to get back into shape before coming home in January so if any one fancies braving the north east winter give me a shout. Used to do 20 - 30 mile routes and I am looking to do maybe the coast to coast in the summer, or perhaps coast and castles, havent decided yet. I am pretty flexible for riding times as when I am home my time is my own (dont tell the wife i said that. I know January is a long way off but thought if I commited now I would be less likely to back out when it is cold!! Haha.

waynenortheast 14 Oct 12:10  

Bike:

My Profile
hello allan,
seeking someone to regular ride with too not scared of the winter days/nights, i am available most days for 20-30 mile rides well i have fridays sataurdays and week nights except thursdays for getting out, i also live in south shields I like to ride on and off road happy with anything. Doing the coast and castles is one thing id like to do as i done the c2c last year still would be up for it again if i get pernmission of the wife

allanbee 15 Oct 12:47  

Bike:

Hi Wayne,
Nice one I am sure we can arrange something for when I get home in the new year, hopefully it wont be to cold (?) I need to sort out some decent round trips to get back into things but it will be better to have someone else to keep company. Maybe by the time the good weather comes round we will have rounded up a few more, maybe even get a group of us to do a decent trip.

alas58 18 Oct 15:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Allan,Wayne,
I live over the water at cramlington, so could meet up with you at a convenient point. I can only get out at weekends and use a MTB, 20-30 miles would be ok, so let me know when you plan to go out
Cheers Al,

waynenortheast 20 Oct 15:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Guys,
look forward to it give me a shout when your back after the year.
wayne

allanbee 08 Jan 15:31  

Bike:

hi wayne, back in the UK now, drop a line and let me know when you are ready, part time at college so restricted days but let me know when you want a quick ride out, might take me a bit to get upto speed though.

waynenortheast 08 Jan 15:56  

Bike:

My Profile
hello allan
i go out nearly every day execpt thursday there are a few of us go riding sunday morning but i will be out other times let me know what days yur available and we'll work round that
rgds
wayne

mattroadster 11 Jan 13:13  

Bike:

Alright Allan? Would like to invite your good self to a Bike ride this sunday 13 January if you can make it. We are meeting up at Lidl car park at 9a.m Boldon Lane. Approx time of ride will be around 3 Hours. Possibly with a tea stop somewhere. Nowt daft just summit to do on a Sunday Morning.
C u There if you can make it
Regards
Matty

allanbee 12 Jan 16:59  

Bike:

hi Matty,
for some reason this never popped up in my email so only seeing it now. Unfortunately I wont make it on the 13th now but would be interested if you are going out regular from there. Thanks for the invite though. What kind of bikes you all on? Got a hybrid myself so nothing too serious. hope you all have a good run tomorrow. cheers again
Al

waynenortheast 19 Jan 16:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi guys, will be out with you's when snow fairs up was a bit under the weather last week, hope to see you'd soon
wayne

allanbee 07 Feb 15:42  

Bike:

hi guys,
Sorry for not getting back sooner but stuck at college half the week and just recovered from what can only be described as a particularly nasty case of the ebola virus. That's how it feels anyway. Going to try and get the bike out over the weekend or maybe Monday afternoon if the weather isn't to bad. Just wondered if anyone else was going out.
Al

alas58 08 Feb 13:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi all,

Managed to get out for a ride this afternoon, makes a change from the gym and spin classes. Hope to get out over weekend as need to get some miles in, as doing the Eden Valley epic next month.

Lets hope the weather will play ball.

allanbee 02 Mar 11:24  

Bike:

hi guys,
Anyone got anything planned for tomorrow (sunday 3/03) morning around the south shields area. Nothing too far as the winter has taken its toll on my fitness. Maybe an hour or two.
Allan

sumguyanth 14 Mar 04:24  

Bike:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Attention-Looking-to-setup-a-charity-bike-ride-need-your-help/119421314911339

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.