We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Doncaster to Sheffield Route!

1 2 >
jaykingfunk 05 Feb 07:30  

Bike:

Hi, my first post on the forum. Does anyone know of a route from Doncaster to Sheffield?

I live just off York road in Doncaster and its quite close to the trans-pennine way that leads to sprotborough. I work on Fargate in the city center of Sheffield.

I'm looking for the quickest and easiest route to take that will hopefully avoid main roads! However I do ride a mountain bike which is set up to ride XC and single track, which is what I do for fun so if possible I'd like to go 'off road' if it would shorten the route!

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

J.

PhilGray 24 Aug 05:23  

Bike:

have you already found this link?

http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home.nsf/RoutesLinks/130?OpenDocument

PhilGray 24 Aug 05:28  

Bike:

I've cycled the route from Wincobank to sheffield and from barnsley to Doncaster, but not the route as a whole.

From Rotherham there's a trail into Sheffield along the river/ canals.

Getting to Rotherham options are limited - there's a trail out to Conisbrough, then the X78 route into town? or go south, via Maltby... both will involve more road than trail riding...

Or you could mix and match with the train - at least 2 an hour to Rotherham from Doncaster...

You may want to consider taking a route to Rotherham - it follows the river/ canal into Sheffield either via Maltby or using the trail to Conisbrough and

Demon 24 Aug 11:49  

Bike:

My Profile
I've done Doncaster to Sheffield twice, but I don't know a route avoiding main roads. I just did the shortest quickest route which is straight down the A630 through Conisborough, Rotherham, Tinsley, etc. Once in Rotherham you could pick up the canal path, it starts somewhere around Booths scrapyard (not sure exactly where as it's a while since I was there).

My Latest Route: May 2010 Circular round Isle Of Anglesey

PhilGray 25 Aug 05:12  

Bike:

Looking at the maps there doesn't seem to be an off-road all the way route? The road route is the quickest, but you can minimise the road stretch by taking the trail from Doncaster toward Barnsley, coming off it in Denaby, going on to the road through Thrybergh and then back off it again past the big Asda roundabout in Rotherham, - not a quiet route, and about 6 miles longer than the road...

I'm now doing the Rotherham to Sheffield off-road route, and plan to try out the alternatives to Rotherham over the next few weekends...

seomind 03 Nov 11:59  

Bike:

My Profile
Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts online business

seomind 03 Nov 12:00  

Bike:

My Profile
this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends.. online business

seomind 03 Nov 12:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. online business

seomind 03 Nov 12:09  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a splendid website! I"m extremely content with the remarks!. online business

seomind 03 Nov 12:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Cool you write, the information is very good and interesting, I'll give you a link to my site. online business

seomind 03 Nov 12:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. online business

seomind 03 Nov 12:26  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. online business

seomind 03 Nov 12:26  

Bike:

My Profile
Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. online business

mrseod 16 Apr 11:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more. VideForex Review

mrseod 16 Apr 11:06  

Bike:

My Profile
I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. Mindvalley Reviews

mrseod 16 Apr 11:09  

Bike:

My Profile
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Mindvalley Reviews

mrseod 16 Apr 11:12  

Bike:

My Profile
Two full thumbs up for this magneficent article of yours. I've really enjoyed reading this article today and I think this might be one of the best article that I've read yet. Please, keep this work going on in the same quality. Mindvalley Reviews

mrseod 16 Apr 11:15  

Bike:

My Profile
Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us Local Marketing Vault Review

mrseod 16 Apr 11:17  

Bike:

My Profile
Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. Local Marketing Vault Review

mrseod 16 Apr 11:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I read your post and I found it amazing! thank! Local Marketing Vault Review

mrseod 16 Apr 11:23  

Bike:

My Profile
As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted Local Marketing Vault Review

mrseod 16 Apr 11:25  

Bike:

My Profile
I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it Local Marketing Vault Review

mrseod 16 Apr 11:27  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... financial freedom

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.