We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycle route from Cramlington to Backworth/Shiremoor

1 2 >
MandyM 11 Jul 11:02  

Bike:

Does anyone know of a route from Cramlington to Backworth or Shiremoor?

Any help will be great. Ta

txbnet 14 Jul 03:20  

Bike:

My Profile
There's an old waggonway which runs from Seghill to Backworth/Shiremoor and comes out at the new by-pass via Holywell Kennels. Its loose chippings in places and hardened mud track or tight grit in others so its probably not suitable for a road bike, but no problem at all for a hybrid or mtb.
I guess there must be a similar waggonway from the old part of Cramlington to Holywell to pick up the Seghill one, so you should be able to do the whole thing without coming into contact with traffic which is ideal!
Cyclelogical Bike Shop in Forest Hall (I don't own it or work there but its a great friendly shop) has a lot of maps showing the old waggonways - you'd need the North Tyneside one and one for South East Northumberland - while you're there grab the others, Sunderland, Gateshead, South Tyneside etc, you never know when they'll come in handy. And they're all free ! (Someone's even selling them on eBay !!)
Best of luck.

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham

psioin5mx 23 Apr 12:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, I have an off road route that goes from the centre of Cramlington through Seghill, Backworth and Shiremoor ending at the tyne pedestrian tunnel. Just search for "Cramlington to tyne tunnel" on google and it will direct you back to this site and the route. The track I use comes out by the Blue Bell pub in shiremoor before continuing on route 10 down to Tyne tunnel. Sorry for delay in reply. PS I use this route every work day and still havent got bored with it.

My Latest Route: Oct 2010 Cramlington to Tyne Tunnel(pedestrian)

tonythegreek 24 Apr 07:44  

Bike:

My Profile
hi mandym if you go to the sizzlers pubon the road thats parrallel to the a19 spine road there is a track on the otherside of the road through the underpass which takes u to seghill farm when you go through to your right up an old road to the big club i think its about third rightup to the end across the road there is a footpath which has a sign next to it saying jolleys turf that take u up to backwoth
hope that helps and you havent falling asleep
tony

My Latest Route: Apr 2009 New Hartley Circular via Seaton Burn

Chonkers 25 Apr 10:46  

Bike:

Hi manyM go to north Tyneside councils website they have a lot of maps for the said area,s for cycling to download or pop in if you can to the lakes leisure centre in killie they have the cycle routes maps there for the wagon ways and roads etc for north east and coast,plus south shields etc

Cheers

Ian

ryan9988 01 Aug 04:51  

Bike:

There are information for need fortnite free skin game exited to play it online and all time shared tips.

MyBiz 03 Aug 22:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Yes, there is. Keep us updated with your adventure! Keep it up.

Sam | https://www.fairfieldtrees.com/

MrRyan 04 Aug 08:38  

Bike:

Interesting idea! lemme try that!

Ry | pasadenajunkremoval.net/

seomind 25 Feb 10:10  

Bike:

My Profile
It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. Skup Review

seomind 25 Feb 10:15  

Bike:

My Profile
I don’t think many of websites provide this type of information. Skup Review

seomind 25 Feb 10:18  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... Scam Risk

seomind 25 Feb 10:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. Scam Risk

seomind 25 Feb 10:26  

Bike:

My Profile
I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. Loan Broker Network Review

seomind 25 Feb 10:31  

Bike:

My Profile
I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting. Loan Broker Network Review

mrseod 10 May 11:24  

Bike:

My Profile
You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! Aufin Review

mrseod 10 May 11:30  

Bike:

My Profile
You have done a amazing job with you website Aufin Review

mrseod 10 May 11:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. Aufin Review

mrseod 10 May 11:38  

Bike:

My Profile
Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback. Touchstone Essentials Review

mrseod 10 May 11:47  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck Touchstone Essentials Review

mrseod 10 May 11:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post. very nice share. I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks !. Touchstone Essentials Review

mrseod 10 May 12:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. Builderall Review

mrseod 10 May 12:06  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Builderall Review

mrseod 10 May 12:08  

Bike:

My Profile
Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. Builderall Review

adoroshoes 13 Mar 05:29  

Bike:

My Profile

Browse the latest collection of shoes for men at Adoro. Find the perfect pair for any occasion and elevate your style with our fashionable and comfortable footwear.

Gulaal 13 Mar 05:55  

Bike:

My Profile
Discover the best bridal dresses in Pakistan at Gulaal. Our collection guarantees that you will find a perfect dress for the big day by fusing classic elegance with modern designs. Choose from Gulaal's finest bridal dresses and make a statement on your wedding day by shopping now.

afrozeh 14 Mar 03:19  

Bike:

My Profile
Elevate your style with the ethereal beauty of chiffon dress in Pakistan at Afrozeh, capturing the essence of cultural heritage in every thread and creating a fashion statement that resonates with grace and allure.

ECS 14 Mar 03:23  

Bike:

My Profile
Elevate your style effortlessly with ECS's women pret wear. Discover unique designs tailored to make a statement. Shop now for fashion-forward looks!

ammarakhan 14 Mar 05:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Look up your wardrobe with these exquisite pakistani formal dresses. Get a perfect outfit for weddings, parties, and special occasions, including exquisite embroidery and luxurious products. Discover the outstanding work and classic beauty of our range. Purchase now!

houseofflowers1 14 Mar 06:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Get perfect anniversary gifts that represent your love. Our creative gifts enhance the memory of your special day. With these unique anniversary presents you can express your love and admiration for your partner right away.

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.