We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycle buddies

captgeoff 23 Sep 04:23  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi
I am Folkestone based and interested in meeting cycling buddies. I ride a road bike and do up to 50ish miles on mainly quiet roads with variable terrain. Look forward to hearing from you.
By the way I am 62 years old but reasonably fit.

Geoff

My Latest Route: Feb 2009 Brabourne to Kingsnorth Circular
CycleFlatly 06 Jan 16:22  

Bike:

Hi there CaptGeoff,

I live in Deal and have just joined this website. I noticed not much recent activity in the Kent section but was pleased to see this post. I ride a hybrid bike, am 30 years old and interested in meeting other cyclists. I am relatively new to cycling and normally do 30 - 50 miles on a ride. I would be delighted to meet up and share rides and info. I recently cycled to Holland twice and want to do Dover to Cornwall and John o' Groats to Dover in the next couple of years.

Regards,

Rob

captgeoff 02 Feb 04:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Rob

Sorry haven't got back to you, been dealing with family problems. Ride distance is about the same as mine. I did the RBL London to Paris last year a great event. Hopefully will get out on the road in April if you still interested we can arrange something.

Geoff

nedders 25 Apr 05:01  

Bike:

Hi, Im in Folkestone and looking for similar distance - Im on a hybrid too and did the Help for Heroes ride across france last year but not done alot since.

captgeoff 25 Apr 06:23  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Nedders

If you want make contact let me know here, and I could pass on my mobile no.

Geoff

nedders 03 May 08:30  

Bike:

Hi Geoff, Sent a couple of messages via the 'contact' page but seems their not getting through.

Garminforerunner 14 May 12:22  

Bike:

Wish you the best luck.

Running

pathfinder2tri 29 Sep 06:55  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi there "readers"
Paul here in Faversham, looking like minded cycle buddies, normally cycle 20 -30 miles per ride.Though due to a parachiting injury in the army I have not done so much the past couple of years. Ride experience, normally do the Big wheel of Kent charity ride, was a member of the Army cycling Union and Army triathlon, thogh as I said due to injury somewhat reduced.
Anyone interested in joining me for a ride please get in touch, I'm not a speed freak so I wont leave anyone behind!

My Latest Route: Oct 2012 Faversham, Chillham, Molash Return

Nic84 01 Oct 05:55  

Bike:

Hi

I'm in the Bromley area looking for cycle buddies. I've only just got my first bike so haven't done much at all although I've signed up to the London to Brighton next June so would like to start training for that. I also have a hybrid.

nedders 07 Dec 09:01  

Bike:

Not done much this year but signed up for the Ride of Champions next June and probably going to do the BHF L2B Night run so need to get cracking again!!

andycharger 21 Feb 09:53  

Bike:

Hi. Based in Mereworth and regularly cycle some hilly routes between 20 - 50 miles. Did the London to Paris last year and other BHF rides. If anyone fancies riding around the 20-30 mile mark at a weekend in Kent, let me know!
Andy

pathfinder2tri 12 Oct 06:05  

Bike:

My Profile
for all who may be interested there is a new cycling group set up in Faversham, been on all their rides, quite good runs not too hard or fast, usually with a tea or pub stop. Great bunch of people, some even travel from Chatham/Gillingham for the weekday ride aswell as the regular Sunday ride.

Worth looking them up, details in the club section or you can contact their rider/mechanic at www.mlsb.org/phvelotec he is happy to advise.

My Latest Route: Oct 2012 Faversham, Chillham, Molash Return

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.