We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Culcheth (Cheshire) to Manchester

eddtr1 15 Dec 04:22  

Bike:

Hi all,

I was wondering firstly if anyone has a good route from Culcheth, which is just outside Warrington to Manchester picadilly gardens?

Also I am new to cycling have been doing it for leisure but now I want to lose weight and get fit by riding to work. The distance from door to work is 15 miles - is this dooable as a newbie? or should i split the journey up - ride to the ladywell park and ride and get the tram in. I think this is going to be the best way for me to get fit

What you reckon?

Stargazer 15 Dec 08:11  

Bike:

My Profile
I'd say 15 miles is doable. Guess it depends on route.

My Latest Route: Aug 2011 Chester Circular Via Kelsal Hill

skolsy 16 Dec 15:48  

Bike:

I ride salford to culcheth n back regularly either glazebury then a580 cycle path all the way to manchester then maybe pick up the bridgewater canal at caslefield thru to piccadilly

eddtr1 25 Mar 11:36  

Bike:

Hi

Does the A580 have a cycle path all the way to Mancheter - that would be great! I could do that!

soren 26 Mar 15:34  

Bike:

My Profile
I have just had a quick look on Google Earth and the Cycle Path does go all the way along the A580, looks to get a bit tricky around Salford, at least it looks that way on Google Earth.

eddtr1 16 Apr 03:33  

Bike:

where does the cycle path start! ill have a quick look myself - forgot about street view! starting this Monday!

soren 16 Apr 04:40  

Bike:

My Profile
The path runs more or less the full length of the A580, its a joint Pedestrian/Cycle Path,and is located on the East to West Bound Carraigeway

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.