We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cornwall Off-Road Routes?

1 2 >
stuartkendall 06 May 05:49  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm off to Cornwall in July so i'm looking for a few decent routes to have a play on. I know i'm not going to get any big mountain riding in like here in Wales but a bit of off road/footpath/bridleway action would be great. Does anyone know of any routes?

Thanks.

My Latest Route: Apr 2009 St Mellons to Coed Coesau and Draethen Loop
skudupnorth 09 May 06:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Camel trail from Wadegridge to Padstow.I am going in three weeks time on my jollies so i hope to have a go myself by hiring bikes on the trail with trailers for the little monsters...err i mean my wonderful children !

stuartkendall 12 May 14:17  

Bike:

My Profile
thanks. Thats a lovely looking estuary. I'll give it a go if the weather is good. Would prefer something a little longer and more techy.

skudupnorth 13 May 05:34  

Bike:

My Profile
It should be a nice flat one like the Trans Pennine near where i live which is family friendly.I wonder if there is anything on Bodmin Moor ??

stuartkendall 17 May 15:11  

Bike:

My Profile
the route you mentioned carries on through padestow to bodmin apparently. I'd prefer something a little further west as i'll be staying in newquay. Probably just go out early hopping up and jumping off pavements :)

skudupnorth 19 May 07:20  

Bike:

My Profile
We are further down in Penzance from Saturday so i am going to have a look to see if it's worth the drive back up on the way in, plus have a much needed break from driving ! lets hope we get some summer from next week !!

stuartkendall 19 May 08:13  

Bike:

My Profile
know what you mean. I havent been out in 10 days now :( Starting to lose my fitness. Let me know if you find anything decent down there :)

soren 10 Mar 14:36  

Bike:

My Profile

I am going there this summer, well a bit further up the coast to be precise, Tintagel is where I am staying but I will be doing this Camel trail Bodmin to Padstow. Can anyone tell me if it is better suited to a Trek FX 7.5 hybrid or a Trek 4300 Hardtail. I only want to take the one bike away with me so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. Paul.

Also any other routes around Tintagel would be a help.

skudupnorth 10 Mar 16:53  

Bike:

My Profile
The trail is perfect for a hybrid as it is just compacted gravel.Did'nt ride it when i went over,just had a wonder at the Wadebridge end.

soren 10 Mar 17:32  

Bike:

My Profile

Thanks skudupnorth, I was hopeing someone would say that.

skudupnorth 11 Mar 13:39  

Bike:

My Profile
No problem,just wish i had time to ride it to be honest,it looks a great trail.Although saying that i am doing the mother of all rides in May when i ride from Manchester to Penzance....should be fun !

krazykayaker 11 Mar 17:21  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm taking my MTB to Cornwall in August

We're stopping at watergate bay so we're hoping to get in some bridleways and other stuff (early in the morning stuff)

theres plenty of techy off road action in cornwall

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

giant xtc 05 Apr 18:14  

Bike:

there are some good routes around Tavistock.
http://www.tamarvalley.org.uk/themesec.asp?pid=3&sid=38

and also Exeter
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/infd-6t7bht

I have just completed the route 27 ilfracombe to plymouth taking in as much XC as possable. and am now also looking for a new challange. good luck and stay away from newquay. its grim...

Come on kids, keep up ! 23 May 07:06  

Bike:

We cycled this route (the great flat lode trail) last year

It was anything but flat, a great challenge for the kids, great scenery and possibly goes someway towards what you are looking for.

Best of luck

The Great Flat Lode Trail is a 7.5 mile (12km) circular trail in the heart of the historic Camborne-Redruth mining district.

The trail is multi-use for walking, cycling and horse riding.

Centred on the impressive hill of Carn Brea this trail is named after the ore vein which was the centre of the tin mining activity here.

Information boards at the mining sites close to the trail provide further information on the history and working of the mines which were famous for their tin and copper production.

For those wishing to make a small detour from the trail, the top of Carn Brea offers fine views of Cornwall's Atlantic coast and it is possible to explore the slopes where the remains of Neolithic and Iron Age occupation have been found. The Carn Brea Castle restaurant and the Basset monument are other points of interest.

Most of the trail is off-road. The trail can be used by walkers, cyclists and by horse riders. If cycling, it is advisable to use a mountain bike.

For a leaflet showing the Great Flat Lode Trail

Do you have information of a historic or community interest about Great Flat Lode Trail which you would like featured on this page please email us with your information.

Come on kids, keep up ! 23 May 07:07  

Bike:

It seems the link didn't copy, try this...

http://www.intocornwall.com/engine/azabout.asp?guide=Great+Flat+Lode+Trail

Come on kids, keep up ! 23 May 07:08  

Bike:

That's so funny...
Just realise the original post was made in 2009

That will teach me to read correctly in the future

seomind 03 Nov 14:59  

Bike:

My Profile
This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! online business

seomind 03 Nov 15:02  

Bike:

My Profile
I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. online business

seomind 03 Nov 15:06  

Bike:

My Profile
I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting. online business

seomind 03 Nov 15:11  

Bike:

My Profile
I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic... online business

seomind 03 Nov 15:11  

Bike:

My Profile
Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning online business

seomind 03 Nov 15:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks a lot for one’s intriguing write-up. It’s actually exceptional. Searching ahead for this sort of revisions. online business

jack00 25 May 17:04  

Bike:

My Profile
First and foremost, Sofiasewing is known for their exceptional sewing machines. From entry-level models to top-of-the-line machines, they offer a wide range of options to suit every sewist's needs. These machines are designed with the latest technology to make sewing a breeze, and are built to last for years to come.
https://sofiasewing.com/best-sewing-machine-for-free-motion-quilting/

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.