We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cannock Chase: Follow The Dog Trail

krazykayaker 16 Sep 16:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Going to Cannock on saturday to do the follow the dog route (if i get permission from the wife!!)

I've done it a couple of times and really enjoyed it

Anyone else on here done it or planning on doing it?

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green
jimwoo25 17 Sep 08:24  

Bike:

My Profile

Hi there,

Not done the route myself but i used to work with a guy who goes to Cannock Chase most weekends and always talks highly of the different kinds of trails there are. He is there virtually every weekend any weather so to me, it says alot!

I really want to do it soon as i have not been over the chase for a while (maybe ten years or so when i was a whipper snapper) so if you do go, it would be great if you could let me know how you get on and i will have to take a ride out after my upcoming busy weekends!

Cheers
Jim

krazykayaker 17 Sep 15:58  

Bike:

My Profile
I will let you know!!

krazykayaker 19 Sep 17:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Been to Follow the Dog @ Cannock today!!

3 of us went and 2 of us fell off (including me!!)

both crashes were pretty spectacular but somehow we both escaped relatively unscathed!

First crash was my mate going over the handlebars at about 2 mph on the narrow boards section!! (see youtube for others crashing at same point)

My Crash was at about 18 mph (according to trip computer!) and involved just losing control on a very fast downhill bend and skidding for 10 foot on my right knee!! (only a few cuts though(somehow!!)

Apart from the crashes we had a great morning and are planning another trip!!

stuartkendall 20 Sep 20:35  

Bike:

My Profile
bit short though isn't it.

My Latest Route: Apr 2009 St Mellons to Coed Coesau and Draethen Loop

krazykayaker 21 Sep 04:27  

Bike:

My Profile
Theres always the other side :)

sanderson 26 Nov 17:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Have only been cycling about 10weeks but me and my hubby realy enjoy going around cannock Chase, we usually do the blue route every Sat morning, its about 12 miles, did go abit off route once by mistake and ended up doing 14 miles, which I think is not bad for beginners. Didnt have chance today but going tomorrow.(think hubby would rather be on the golf course though)

Saturday morning is biker time on the Chase. Happy cycling.

Sanderson

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.