We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Anyone cycling in or near Seaham, Co. Durham

1 2 >
stonge99 08 Oct 17:48  

Bike:

Hi all,

I'm fairly new (this year) to cycling, but am very keen. I bought a second hand road bike early in the summer and have been out on it non-stop ever since. I'm getting a little bit tired of cycling on my own now, and with the dark nights and cold weather drawing ever nearer, Im looking for someone to keep me motivated.

I've been out once or twice with some friends who have travelled up and brought their bikes with them, and have been out with a few others locally but I'm looking for a regular riding buddy/s.

Can you help? Ideally someone from Seaham or Sunderland would be the easiest, but to be honest, I'd just like some company.

Tony

A Nutter 08 Oct 18:29  

Bike:

My Profile
I live in Sunderland... drop me an email
gary.kenny@comedyhypnosis.co.uk

happy 09 Oct 02:46  

Bike: Orange P7 with Rock Shox, Michelin Wildgripper Lites, XTR Chainset

My Profile
If you guys form a cycling-club lol, let us know, we can add it to the site :D

Cheers

Happy

My Latest Route: Oct 2010 Livingston to Ayr Avoiding A71

stonge99 09 Oct 11:01  

Bike:

Cheers guys, I'll send an email your way.

Marcosplace 23 Mar 15:20  

Bike:

Hi Stonge99

Im in Seaham - Been cycling a few years but nothing long really. I cycle from Seaham to Hartlepool (work) a few times a week.

Im looking for a fellow partner also. Keep me motivated and find an excuse to tell the missus I have to go out.....

my e mail is alanlowes@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Alan

larfingravy 03 Apr 11:12  

Bike:

I'm in Sunderland and looking for the same!
Will post an e mail to the others who replied, but send me an e mail if you are still interested. (Now that summer's coming!)

larfingravy 03 Apr 11:19  

Bike:

Apologies it's larfingravy@hotmail.co.uk

chrishart 04 Apr 15:56  

Bike:

Hi i am in Hartlepool and i also would like a cycle buddy i mostly ride trails. c.raper96@btinternet.com

Missgroovy 17 Apr 14:45  

Bike:

HI all

I am in Sunderland too and fairly new to cycling and incredibly unfit, might catch up with you guys later in the year. When i might have a chance of keeping up with you lol

Marie

Marie_heath79@hotmail.com

KIT 28 Apr 10:05  

Bike:

I am interested in whether or not a cycling club has been established. If not then perhaps it is because no one has offered to co-ordinate such a group. If others wish to I am happy to take on the task. I am not a competive cyclist, my bike doesn't arrive until the weekend, but I am keen. Kitty.1901@hotmail.co.uk

Cycling Dude 29 Apr 06:29  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Tony, I noticed that you would like a cycling group started up for company, I am also a cyclist, and I know what it is like when you don't know any body or routes! So I take cyclists out, we cover routes to herrington, stanley, seaham, hendon coast and many more! Our smallest ride will be 10 miles and our biggest will be about 60 miles in the summer!
We meet up on Silksworth ski slope car park at 3PM.
Interested? e-mail me on robthesnake@hotmail.co.uk
There is also a wearside family cycle group aswell!
hope to hear from you seen!
Happy cycling!
RS

My Latest Route: Jun 2009 Silkworth and Herrington Circular

Cycling Dude 30 Apr 10:27  

Bike:

My Profile
Stealth cycling group is meeting on Monday at Silksworth Ski Slope car park at 11am. The route is to South Hylton (Herrington Country Park)
Hope to see you all there!

chrishart 30 Apr 12:17  

Bike:

Hi Kit
If you do get a group together, i would be intrested in joining.

RobBeck 21 May 18:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Trail Trekkers Cycle Club.

A new & friendly cycle club in Houghton-Le-Spring, this club is a totally FREE membership club. The 1st group cycling ride is on Sunday the 24th of May 09 starting at 'The Old Bank' Sunderland road, Houghton-Le-Spring at 3pm the ride will take in an almost 100% traffic free ride to Seaham’s New Shopping Complex Via Murton’s Dalton Park Shopping Complex and returning back to ‘The Old Bank’. Upon our return to 'The Old Bank' there will be 'FREE' complementary snacks courtesy of the landlord. NO AGE LIMIT for the TTCC. Pass the word around.
Contact Robbie Beckwith
aurac59@o2.co.uk
Face Book RobBeck

My Latest Route: May 2009 Houghton Le Spring to Seaham Loop via NCN1

seaviewer 27 May 13:04  

Bike:

Hi can anyone tell me if there is a cycling club or group in the seaham area I can join? can't seem to find any mixed groups in the north east area? any help would be appreciated?
thanks
Marian

Cycling Dude 27 May 13:42  

Bike:

My Profile
Mariam,

Your problems are all over!

stealth has formed and they are in sunderland, they meet up at silksworth ski slope car park on sunday at 3 PM

E-mail them stealthcycling@hotmail.co.uk

good luck!

RobBeck 03 Jun 21:30  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Tony i used to live in Seaham i moved to Houghton i have just formed a cycle club please look on my profile on facebook Rob Beck for details or contact me on 07763732206. i would like to have you on board the free club i hope to have web site up and running asap Trail Trekkers Cycle Club
Call or email me :aurac59@o2.co.uk aurac59@yahoo.co.uk aurac59@hotmail.com facebook Rob Beck fone/txt 07763732206. ok?

My Latest Route: May 2009 Houghton Le Spring to Seaham Loop via NCN1

Cycling Dude 30 Jun 13:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Stealth Cycling group is meeting again on Sunday 12th July, at 9:30am at Silksworth Ski Slope,
Please join our facebook group Stealth Cycling Group,
Email us Please!! stealthcycling@hotmail.co.uk for more details and the rides list!
Thanks,
Stealth cycling team

dave1979 03 Jul 14:35  

Bike:

hi stealth cycling club what is the distance for your next ride
as i wouldn't mind trying a club out.

i live Millfield any info would be great.

dave

Cycling Dude 03 Jul 17:32  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi dave, Glad to hear that you are interested in joining our group!!!!

We are meeting next sunday (Sunday 12th July), The ride is approx 36 miles long around trip, we are heading for north tyneside, we will have a cafe stop at north tyneside, we will be going via the ferry, so around £5 for a return on that!!!

Apart from that, bring some food and drink and please wear sensible cycling clothing, trousers etc.

Please, for the ride list for the rest of the summer, email us

stealthcycling@hotmail.co.uk

Many Thanks,

Stealth cycling team

Cycling Dude 03 Jul 18:00  

Bike:

My Profile
We meet up at Silksworth ski slope at 9:30am

Stealth cycling team

shnuggs 04 Aug 14:18  

Bike:

My Profile
I live in Spennymoor, have just started cycling a couple of months ago. I have a road bike and wouldn't mind the occasional riding buddy.

Pete

My Latest Route: Sep 2009 Durham Circular via Iveston and Thornley

strike4ce 15 Aug 15:05  

Bike:

hey just to let you all know I am forming a cycle club based in sunderland but welcome riders from neighbouring areas. The cycle club i am creating is called Sunderland Cycle Club and I'm hoping for it to become something big and recognised by the cyclists of Sunderland. Check out the website www.sunderlandbikeclub.com its still got parts under construction and more parts to come in the future and is completely free.

Thanks

Cycling Dude 11 Oct 08:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Health Cycling Group are meeting again on Sunday 18th October at Silksworth Ski Slope at 9:30am

The route is to Seaham, then up to Dalton park, returning via Seaham Seafront and Bayrons Walk

healthcycling@hotmail.co.uk

for more info!!

Thanks

CD

Marcosplace 11 Oct 18:45  

Bike:

Hello Stonge. I'm a road biker in Seaham also. Give me an e-mail

Alanlowes@yahoo.co.uk

bevinblue 15 Feb 13:25  

Bike:

Hi, I'm also new to cycling and live in Seaham. I've just bought a Mountain Bike and am looking for a suitable cycling club to join. I'm just a novice and not hugely fit but am working on it. I would love to meet likeminded cycling buddies to go out for rides with. I am a shift worker so am able to go out both weekdays and weekends.

Bev

Cycling Dude 22 Feb 14:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Bev, Health cycling group have different rides to suit different abilities, family, moderate and strenous - Email healthcycling@hotmail.co.uk for more info - this group is free or Face Book Health Cycling Group.

CD

Durham Ken 27 Jul 15:32  

Bike:

hi stonge,

know your post was a while back so suppose you're well on your way to doing sportiv's and long distance rides.

i l;ive in south hetton and pick my new road bike up on thursday, been riding on trails for a while but fancied a new challenge, do you still go out for rides with some of the guys on here?

Ken

saiadave 18 Oct 07:45  

Bike:

The Wearside family cycle Group (WFCG) meets at the Silksworth Ski Slope every 2 weeks from 9:15am with the aim to start the ride at 9:30am.
We are a group of cyclists that cater for all abilities and have cyclists from all areas as far afield as Hartlepool,Durham, Bellingham.
We cycle at a leisurely pace and regroup if the ride "strings" out. We try and stop for a refreshment break part way through the ride. All rides are circular starting and finsihing at the ski slope.

The ride list can be accessed from my website www.cycle-routes.org/wearsiderangers or search for Wearside Rangers for further information

Regards
Dave Willcock (Wearside)

carlct 19 Oct 13:07  

Bike:

Im also looking for cycle buddys in Hartlepool or surrounding areas the wife is doing my nut in lol

I do both Road & off road cycling

contact me at

carl_emma6@msn.com

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.