We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Has anyone tried physiotherapy for knee pain?

BarbaraCampbell 09 Jul 11:34  

Bike:

I fell off my bike two months ago and hurt my right knee. I was on treatment for a while, but the pain still persists. It doesn't hurt when I am walking, but hurts a lot, when I am riding a bike. I don't know what to do? I miss riding the bike so much. I just want this pain to go away. I read an article about physiotherapy recently. The blog says it can cure the knee pain. ( http://www.physionow.ca/blog/general-category/knee-injury-custom-knee-bracing-physiotherapy-care/ ) Is this true? Has anyone had similar experience? Please share!

jonsea 11 Jul 07:31  

Bike:

My Profile
I injured my knee skiing and it stopped me even walking for a while .My cycling was put on the "back burner" until i could walk without a walking stick ( which wasn't that long actually ). I had physiotherapy ( both at a private sports clinic and N H S ) but i still cannot say if either or both did any good . The sports clinic used electronic type tools such as ultra sound / infra red etc , whilst the N H S gave me an exercise programme to follow in the hospital gym along with some physiotherapy .
As i say, i don't know if either or both worked , but i do know that you must listen to your body and let it dictate when you are ready to cycle as you used to . Pain is the body's way of telling you that it has still not recovered . When ( after a couple of months ) i did start cycling again ,i took it ever so gently on a circular tour near home and as soon as i felt pain headed home . Gradually the distances would increase as the pain got less.......for any lovers of cycling , walking, skiing it is not a happy time , but , it will get better .

P s i did find a knee brace was a help .

My Latest Route: Apr 2012 lowestoft normanston park