We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Ankle pain

SteveyB 17 May 19:26  

Bike:

Hi all

I seem to have developed a pain inside at the back of my left ankle. It was stiff after my last long is (for me) ride. Now it is swelling up and is most painful when I come down stairs or try to stand on my tip toes. Any ideas what I've done or how to fix it?

Cheers
Steve

Martin48 18 May 08:52  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Steve

If there is something wrong with my ankle, or any other part of my body, I find that the best advice and assistance can be obtained from my doctor...

Hope you get your problem sorted soon.

Martin

My Latest Route: Jul 2017 halstead route

winnersh cyclist 22 Sep 14:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Steve

did you get an anwser dont know if it helps I was getting similar when using SPD pedals since I moved to Keo Look max doesnt appear to happen another thing I noticed previously was having the shoes too tight was worse.

rustyspoke 22 Sep 17:52  

Bike:

My Profile
This can be down to postion on the bike seat height and postion it can also be numerous other factors.

amcilroy 24 Jul 10:01  

Bike:

My Profile
When I recently got a new road bike, I found I was getting pains in my left calf. The problem seemed to be the way the cleat on my shoe had been set; it made my heel jut out slightly. I adjusted it, and have had no issues since that point. I'd suggest looking at that if you use SPDs; but if not, still think about 'form' and where you position your heel as you pedal.

Ironically, I started cycling again after dislocating my ankle in a climbing accident a month ago. I wanted a no-impact solution to strengthening the joint again. Walking any distance is still quite painful, but I have no problems whatsoever notching up 40 miles plus on the bike.

Regards

Andrew

My Latest Route: Jul 2012 Bramley - Bawtry - Blyth Circular

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.