We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Recreational Cycling Ghent Belgium

BonzoBall 19 Sep 04:11  

Bike:

Hi, I'm looking for some help with a recreational cycle trip based around Ghent. There will be 2 groups of cyclists, a 25-30 km per day gentle riding group, and a 35-50 km per day oldies but pushers type group.

The idea is to leave Ghent and each day for 4 days stay in a village and on day 5 end up back in Ghent. So basically a 5 day circular route. Obviously each village needs to be no more that 30 km from the last one and the 50 km group will add other bits on, but still end up together with everyone each night in the village.

I've looked at the Water Mill Route and the Leiestreek route and these seem quite nice, but I would like some input from someone who knows the area. The 25-30 km group need minimal hills and certainly no steep or long ones, so not sure about the Water Mill route.

We would like off road tracks and quiet routes and water and nice villages whenever possible. We won’t be using road bikes.

So not much to ask then ! Have you got an recommendations ?

MANY THANKS in advance and any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Andy

herbie 19 Sep 06:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Andy,

This may give you aa start : -

There are 5000+ routes listed with photo's around ghent on the planning site :-

http://ridewithgps.com/ ----- you don't have to signup to search (but site is free anyway)

at the top of the page use the find tab - enter ghent and a perimter distance .

hope this is a good start for you .

My Latest Route: Sep 2012 Birmingham to Worcestor Via Canal

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.