We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycling to the Belgian Grand Prix

paddydubh 11 Nov 12:21  

Bike:

Hi

I'm an Irish Student and I'm thinking about turning a simple tripp to a Grand prix into something unique and adventurous. I'm looking for any information on routes in France and Belgium. I will be leaving from Cherbourg to Spa-Frochamps in Belgium. Already the routes in Normandy posted on this site have helped me a great deal I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of routes in Belgium or other rouutes in France. I want to see some of the WW2 historic places such as the Dday landings etc as well as visiting the Ardennes region of France. I'm an absolute beginner in cycling abroad and would appreciate ANY feed back.

Thanks

pasabeograd 11 Nov 16:05  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi

Can't help with the route I'm afraid - but I had to respond to say "what a great idea". I'm a fan of both cycling and grand prix, but never thought to combine the two. Let me know if you want a cycling/F1 buddy to join you.

Paul

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Burgess Hill to Ashdown Forest Circular

paddydubh 12 Nov 11:16  

Bike:

Paul I'll have to get back to you when I know I'm definitely doing it!At the moment its just planning. You might appreciate that my original plan was to see if I could cycle from spa to Monza but i realised I'd have to do at least 100km a day across the alps! I'll be putting up a Google map soon of possible routes. I'll give you the URL when I have it sorted.

Thanks

pasabeograd 13 Nov 16:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Going all the way to Monza does sound like a stretch. But Spa is really possible. It might end up being our closest grand prix if Bernie doesn't back down over the British GP funding issue!!

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Burgess Hill to Ashdown Forest Circular

steelmanswheels 26 Jan 17:39  

Bike:

Cant help you on the route but it sounds a great idea. If it does come off , be careful when you arrive in spa, you will be greeted by locals in yellow vests directing you off the road and onto their own campsites. They will promise you the earth , as they did us, only to find we had a 10km walk each day to our seats!There are loads of campsites depending where you sit and you wont be dissappointed with the race . Good luck and enjoy!

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.