We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Island hoping adventure against a typical stag week!

Liam101 25 Sep 11:51  

Bike:

Hi planning on doing a cycling trip instead of your typical stag do as I prefer the great outdoors then your binge trip!. wanting to camp along the way. I have come up with a provisional route and I'm wanting the advice from people who may of experienced certain parts of the route. I have previous experience of cycling on bute and parts of my native Yorkshire and consider myself fit and healthy at the tender age of 22 if that helps.

The route I'm planning is as follows
1. Ferry from ardrossan to Bodrick
2. Bodrick clockwise to Lochranza.
3. Ferry from Lochranza to claonaig.
4. Claonaig to tayinloan.
5. Tayinloan ferry to isle of gigha and back.
6. Tayinloan to kennacraig
7. kennacraig ferry to Islay/jura.
8. Ferry to oban.
9. Oban to tarbert
10. Tarbert ferry to portavadie.
11. Portavadie to colintraive.
12. Colintraive ferry to bute.
13. Rothesay ferry to wemsy bay.
14. Wemsy bay to ardrossan.

Obviously a lot going on there, however could be my last act as a free man! Would have up to 4 days to complete.
Any opinions or advice whether negative or positive would be welcome. Interested in whether people think I'm trying to fit in too much ground.

Thanks look forward to some replies!

Peter Kyle 27 Apr 06:01  

Bike:

My Profile
If you’re a collector or enthusiast, you might be hesitant to add hundreds or thousands of miles to your car’s odometer just to move it across the country. By shipping your car, you can ensure that it arrives at its destination in the same condition as when it left, without any extra wear and tear. Offer Lower Shipping Prices Petition

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.