We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

spongey brakes-advice please

kungfu-badger 31 Jul 16:13  

Bike:

hi people,
im looking for a bit of advice about my shimano deore hydaulic brakes. i've only been riding on them for around 20 miles or so and im aware that they take time to bed in along with the disks. When i pull either lever there seems to be quite a lot of travel before the bite point about an inch or so leaving about an inch between the lever and bar, the rear lever feels slightly spongey but not to bad the front one is stiffer but still travels about an inch before the bite point. I have tried bleeding them as per shimano's instructions but it doesnt seem to of made much difference. Is about an inch of lever travel right?? i've never had hydraulic brakes before so i dont know, do i need to re-bleed them to make the lever stiffer or is it just a case of letting the new disks and pads bed in? Sorry for all the questions but im pretty new to all of this.
any help appreciated
thanks
Si

steve52 01 Aug 11:42  

Bike:

re blead, somtimes this works to clear air from the lines prop the bike with the wheell elivated put elasitic bands on the bars to hold the leavers in the on position then go to bed get up remove bands and try breaks all fixed? cool if they go soggy again you dont have enough fluid in the system

BusterG 04 Aug 06:33  

Bike:

My Profile
I agree with Steve52.
Bleeding is quite easy to do once you have done it once.
Good luck.
If a bike shop installed the brakes for you take it back to them if possible.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

harley772 10 Apr 12:20  

Bike:

My Profile
cable tie the lever closed leave over night pull lever a few times repeat once a month..

seomind 01 Nov 07:06  

Bike:

My Profile
The writer is enthusiastic about purchasing wooden furniture on the web and his exploration about best wooden furniture has brought about the arrangement of this article. business

seomind 01 Nov 07:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. business

seomind 01 Nov 07:13  

Bike:

My Profile
I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. business

seomind 01 Nov 07:20  

Bike:

My Profile
The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. business

seomind 01 Nov 07:24  

Bike:

My Profile
I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. business

seomind 01 Nov 07:28  

Bike:

My Profile
First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics, i will be always checking your blog thanks. business

seomind 01 Nov 07:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi to everybody, here everyone is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to see this site, and I used to visit this blog daily business

seomind 01 Nov 07:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Welcome to the party of my life here you will learn everything about me. business

seomind 01 Nov 07:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. business

seomind 01 Nov 07:44  

Bike:

My Profile
this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends.. business

jack00 17 Aug 00:29  

Bike:

My Profile
Whether you're a beginner looking to grasp the basics or an experienced player seeking to refine your technique, our team of golfing professionals is here to guide you every step of the way. https://golfaccent.com/

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.