We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

cycle routes planner issues

Ian Francis 06 Mar 13:24  

Bike:

Hi,
new to website but can't get the route planner to save my routes as pending. haven't tried to get the them up loaded as proper routes yet as as they are untried. I also can't get the map to centre on my post code.
I should also point out that I don't always moan... Honest But help !
I've found some potentially nice easy rides in Bristol and would love to share them.

herbie 06 Mar 14:53  

Bike:

My Profile
Hello Ian,

Make sure you put a space in middle of postcode before clicking centre map

The site wont publish the route without fair amount of detail -

their words

'Please detail your route, where it goes, what makes it a good cycle, points of interest, what to watch out for, typical traffic, what types of riders does it suit. Your route may not be published if it lacks detail.'

Previously you had to upload via a gpx file with full details to get it puiblished often the route never got loaded - so I gave up posting routes here
there was never the option to plot a route directly.

I have just tried to save a pending route as a test - and then tried to see it logged against my email --- route was not found .....

I suggest you logg the error at

http://www.cycle-route.com/Cycle-Route-Help.html

My Latest Route: Sep 2012 Birmingham to Worcestor Via Canal

ScottJ 06 Mar 15:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, I have restarted the server which should now allow you to save maps to your email address and they should now show up from any done from today onwards.

The centre postcode looks to be an issue so will try and get that sorted next week, thanks.

My Latest Route: Oct 2015 Ythanbank Loop

Ian Francis 10 Mar 07:35  

Bike:

Thanks for the info and actions taken. Well impressed.

ScottJ 20 Mar 08:45  

Bike:

My Profile
The Cycle Route planner has now been upgraded, quite a bit of work had to be done to upgrade the coding, the centre map to postcode is also now working.

My Latest Route: Oct 2015 Ythanbank Loop

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.