We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

St Jacque de compostelle pilgrimage route by bike

jonsea 08 Jan 11:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Some 7 or 8 years ago i rode this route ( about 800 klms ) from St jean Pied de Port in France to Santiago de Compostella in Spain , it took me 12 days ( most of which were really enjoyable ). I am now at the age of thinking i have one more long distance ride in me so, i am thinking of doing this trip again in March this year . I am not a great cyclist but really do enjoy it and only cover maybe 50 to 70 Klms per day ( remember this route is in the pyrenees .
I live in North Suffolk and will drive down through France , and as before, leave my car at St Jean PP, cycle to Santiago catch a bus or train back to St Jean and drive back to G B .
I have a friend in France who was going to join me but it now looks unlikely so ....my question is ...is there anyone who lives in Norfolk / Suffolk and would like to join me on this once( twice for me )in a lifetime cycle ride .
In Financial terms i would expect a 50/50 contribution to fuel and ferry and then of course there is your own costs such as the accommodation and food . On the chemin de St Jaques de Compostelle the accommodation costs somewhere around 8 and 15 euros per night which normally includes an evening meal .. bed ..breakfast ..so the total cost would be something in the order of 250/350 euros then about 65 euros for the bus back to St Jean PP.

I have all the info needed to complete this chemin , so any question please ask .

Anyone interested please ? Regards ....John

My Latest Route: Apr 2012 lowestoft normanston park

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.