We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

REGENTS CANAL PATH (LIME HOUSE TO HOXTON) FOR CYCLISTS ONLY

commonsense 24 Jun 16:45  

Bike:

I just recently started to use this cycle route for commuting in the Victoria Park and Bethnal Green area along with hundreds of other cyclists during the rush hour periods and I'm alarmed at the inconsiderate pedestrians that ignore our bells as we approach at speed. They just don't seem to realize the danger they put themselves and us in. One couple of silly old blokes shouted 'I thought you were supposed to give way to pedestrians!' How ridiculous - they obviously don't appreciate that this canal towpath is now an important commuter route for we cyclists.

It strikes me that for the safety of all of us, cyclists and pedestrians, that pedestrians should not be allowed to use the towpath during the rush hour periods. When I travel home it's fun to time myself to try and beat my previous record and I can't do this if I'm unable to swerve round a walker and am forced to slow down. I have nearly hit some of the walking dawdlers when they don't respond to my bell.

ironlung 04 Aug 11:26  

Bike:

Unbelievable...............if this is not a joke then you are the type of idiot that gives cyclists a bad name. Suggest you give up cycling and get a big 4WD BMW instead with that attitude.

BusterG 06 Aug 03:49  

Bike:

My Profile
I am with you on this one Ironlung.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.