We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

GPS for bikes

laurajmilner 07 Nov 07:10  

Bike:

Hi, my boyfriend wants a GPS for his bike for christmas but I have no idea about these things and wondered if anyone could help!

He says he wants one with a map to say where he is going and where he has been. I've been looking at the Garmin etrex but it doesn't seem to have this facility. Does anyone know of a similar priced gps that does this?

Many thanks, Laura

Murray Barnes 07 Nov 08:24  

Bike:

My Profile
The only one I know of is the TomTom Rider. It is designed for motorbikes, but will work just as easily with a pedal bike. However, it ain't cheap.

My Latest Route: Jul 2008 Great Glen Cycleway

Parrot of Doom 15 Nov 11:41  

Bike:

What mobile phone does your BF have? I have a Nokia N73, I've just downloaded Viewranger and its pretty excellent for cycling, full OS maps of anywhere you choose, for off-road biking.

For on-road biking, try TomTom Mobile, its very good also.

Parrot of Doom 15 Nov 11:42  

Bike:

Try Viewranger, or TomTom mobile (both for mobile phones with the symbian operating system - Nokia N73, N95, 6680 etc)

Andy_Bailey 23 Mar 13:49  

Bike:

Garmin,Edge,Magellan,Sigma Sport are great brand of GPS.

dennispearce 23 Mar 18:42  

Bike:

I have the Garmin Edge 800, that will do what you want, its not cheap though

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.