We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

COMPLETE Stoke on Trent to London using Canal tow paths

oldenglish 01 Aug 17:15  

Bike:

My Profile
Just completed the charity ride from Stoke to London took 3 and a half days of varying riding conditions, day 1 was good not too bad tow paths between Stoke and Atherstone my first stopover.
Day 2 was Atherstone to Milton Keynes, horrific tow paths had to get off and push. got lost when canal went into Blisworth tunnel, rejoined canal at Stoke Bruene reaching stopover at Milton Keynes after 12 and a half hours riding.
Day 3 was Milton Keynes to Uxbridge, good day tow paths really good, made excellent time.
Day 4 was Uxbridge to London St Bart's Hospital however at 08:44 disaster struck my cycle frame broke and I still had around 18 miles to the hospital so I pushed the rest of the way to Euston station not making St Barts which was sad.
So no bike now but orchid male cancewr charity is going to benefit to the tune of over £1,000 so broken bike a small price to pay.....

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.