We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Isle of Wight Challenge

Rebeccamark 24 Jun 12:06  

Bike:

Hi,

My friend and I are planning to cycle the 65 mile route around the Isle of Wight in May. We are fairly fit or atleast are hoping to be by May and are planning to cycle the route over two days. Any idea how long it might take to cycle each half of the Island each day? As we are not quite sure how far we'll get in the first day does anybody know if there's a good stream of b&b's along the route where we can stop for the evening without pre booking? Any information or tips would be great.

Thanks
Rebecca

spaceman 24 Jun 17:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Next May?
I plan to go round in a day from Stubbington-Gosport Ferry then Portsmouth Ferry to Ryde. Quick lap then back again in a day.
But you should cruise it in 2 days and enjoy the scenery. You should manage the 30 or so mile easily in 3 hrs but if you stop for an break half way the 4hrs. That will give you time to set of after breakfast cycle for a couple of hours have a break then onto to your halfway break.
Where are you starting from?
Ryde to Sandown or Shanklin is about Half way. Plenty of places to stay there.
Good luck and enjoy.

My Latest Route: Jul 2012 Bedworth to Startford Via Fosse Way and Return Via Kenilworth

BusterG 26 Jun 04:17  

Bike:

My Profile
remember the island has no flat bits up or down the flat bits are only around the beach fronts. Enjoy 2 days should be a tootle with pub stops thrown in.
I have used the IOW cycling website for maps and info.

http://sunseaandcycling.com/cycle-the-wight.aspx

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

Rebeccamark 01 Jul 10:35  

Bike:

Thanks for the information. Yeah we're up for a challenge so hills aren't a problem just wanted to make the most of our time on the Isle of Wight and see all the scenery. We're not too sure yet exactly where we start off but will be travelling over via ferry so one of the ports will be our start! And pub stops ..... well you clearly know our style of cycling! You always have to have a reward at the end of a cycle! Thanks for the website.

Rebecca

seomind 03 Nov 07:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! online business

seomind 03 Nov 07:24  

Bike:

My Profile
They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. online business

seomind 03 Nov 07:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! online business

seomind 03 Nov 07:30  

Bike:

My Profile
I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site online business

seomind 03 Nov 07:30  

Bike:

My Profile
I think it could be more general if you get a football sports activity online business

seomind 03 Nov 07:34  

Bike:

My Profile
I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. online business

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.