We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Floods in Cumbria and Northumberland

sergey-b@inbox.ru 29 Jun 01:08  

Bike:

Hello, tell me please about weather in Northen England. I've arranged travel along Hadrians Cycle Way NCN72 (Ravenglass, Silloth, Carlisle, Newcastle) in mid-July. Everything is fine apart from National Rail Twitter account. It posted frightening pictures of flooded railways and reported many delays of its trains.

I can hardly estimate severity of events in England by listening to news in Russia. It would be better to hear local residents' opinion.

How heavy were rains there? In what conditions are cycle routes in Cumbria and Northumberland? Have floods already went down or still going on?

Many Thanks

Serge

Oldpat 29 Jun 03:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Lovely sunny day this morning; most of the floodwater has disappeared already and people are clearing up after the storm. This type of storm is very rare in England - you shouldn't have any problems. (The British Press always exaggerate events like this)

Patrick

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Rowlands Gill - Haltwhistle Via Blanchland

sergey-b@inbox.ru 29 Jun 05:32  

Bike:

Such events look even worse when observed from long distance.

Thank you for reassuring me.

Serge.

Oldpat 29 Jun 13:41  

Bike:

My Profile
не за что - очень надеюсь, что Ваш визит в Англию будет отлично!

Patrick

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Rowlands Gill - Haltwhistle Via Blanchland

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.