We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycle route improvements at Sherwood Pines

1 2 >
Leafy 14 Apr 05:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi everyone,

Having been through Sherwood Pines recently, I've noticed some improvements at the junction with route 6 at the south end of the park where they have turned an old railway line into a cycle route.

The first phase was opened last year I think, when the Bilsthorpe trail was opened and some nifty signposting went up. The new link to Bilsthorpe means you can get over the A614 traffic-free (it's an overhead bridge) which is perfect for people like me who are not really road cyclists, and it is signposted to link up with the Southwell Trail. It's a good cycle track.

Anyway, they have been doing some work on the other end of the railway track which I think was scheduled for completion end of March 2014. Anyway, it looks complete but there are no signs up yet.

Yesterday while doing the blue route around the west side of the Pines (and struggling a bit with all the ups & downs and the pebbly terrain), we spotted a new cycle track which we suspected was the newly-converted railway track. We managed to get onto it and lo, it was, and it took us to the junction with the Bilsthorpe trail & route 6. We live in Rainworth so we always pass that route.

Anyway, I got to wondering where the other end of it goes to! The only thing I can think of is that it might be an improved section of route 6. As far as I can tell from Google Maps the old railway line curved northwards towards Clipstone so it would make sense for it to connect to route 6 there. I will be chuffed if this is the case as I have never found that part of route 6, beyond that section with the railway line and leading up to Vicar Water, to be very friendly terrain for the not-so-confident cyclist. But there are no signs up (yet - it is still VERY new) so I don't know. I have done a web search to try to find out if there is more information but have drawn a blank.

So does anyone know, and also does anyone know who has funded this work??

My Latest Route: Jun 2010 Wesport Lake to Stone Via Trent & Mersey Canal
Leafy 24 Apr 08:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Bit sad to reply to my own post but...

I used the new section of route this past weekend and it took us up to Vicar Water. A massive improvement on the section of route 6 that is/was there already. It has meant that me & my husband, who are leisure cyclists and not very confident ones at that, are more likely to go a bit further up route 6 now without worrying about knackering ourselves out in the forest before we even get to our destination.

And it was Nottinghamshire County Council's Landscape & Reclamation Team who organised it all.

My Latest Route: Jun 2010 Wesport Lake to Stone Via Trent & Mersey Canal

seomind 25 Feb 09:37  

Bike:

My Profile
I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that... Cory Long Reviews

seomind 25 Feb 09:45  

Bike:

My Profile
It should be noted that whilst ordering papers for sale at paper writing service, you can get unkind attitude. In case you feel that the bureau is trying to cheat you, don't buy term paper from it. Cory Long Reviews

seomind 25 Feb 09:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Going to graduate school was a positive decision for me. I enjoyed the coursework, the presentations, the fellow students, and the professors. And since my company reimbursed 100% of the tuition, the only cost that I had to pay on my own was for books and supplies. Otherwise, I received a free master’s degree. All that I had to invest was my time. Cory Long Reviews

seomind 25 Feb 09:51  

Bike:

My Profile
You completely match our expectation and the variety of our information. Cory Long Reviews

seomind 25 Feb 09:59  

Bike:

My Profile
A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. Cory Long Reviews

Leahyan 06 Mar 06:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Sherwood Pines is a popular destination for cyclists and mountain bikers alike, offering a range of challenging off-road trails and stunning views. But how can the route be improved? In this blog, we'll explore ways to enhance the dyson mini motorhead cycling experience at Sherwood Pines, from creating new trails to upgrading existing ones. Read on to find out more!

mrseod 10 May 02:17  

Bike:

My Profile
You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Eazybot Review

mrseod 10 May 02:27  

Bike:

My Profile
I need to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post… Eazybot Review

mrseod 10 May 02:35  

Bike:

My Profile
It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. Eazybot Review

mrseod 10 May 02:42  

Bike:

My Profile
You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! CryptoTab Review

mrseod 10 May 02:50  

Bike:

My Profile
Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! CryptoTab Review

mrseod 10 May 02:58  

Bike:

My Profile
I was taking a gander at some of your posts on this site and I consider this site is truly informational! Keep setting up.. CryptoTab Review

mrseod 10 May 02:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. OmegaPro Review

mrseod 10 May 03:05  

Bike:

My Profile
Welcome to the party of my life here you will learn everything about me. INTENSE LIVE REVIEW

mrseod 10 May 03:08  

Bike:

My Profile
Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. INTENSE LIVE REVIEW

mrseod 10 May 03:12  

Bike:

My Profile
this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends.. INTENSE LIVE REVIEW

ahsanrashid 12 Mar 05:22  

Bike:

My Profile
i am seeing new dress for girls

Meerak 13 Mar 02:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Are you in search of the best women clothing brands? Explore the latest Women's clothing dresses including luxury formal dresses, Unstitched Suits, ready-to-wear, bridal dresses, and other collections online at the Meerak clothing store.

Jazminpk 13 Mar 03:01  

Bike:

My Profile
Explore our exclusive collection of wedding formals for your special day. Find the perfect outfit to make a statement and look beautiful at your Wedding day.

mohagni 13 Mar 03:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Mohagni offers the best new trouser design online in Pakistan. Our collection features only the finest materials to ensure the highest level of quality for our customers. With our wide selection and fast delivery, mohagni will be the best destination for your online shopping needs.

adoroshoes 13 Mar 03:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Explore a wide collection of formal and Fashion shoes for women at Adoro. Find the perfect pair to elevate your style and confidence.

Gulaal 13 Mar 04:55  

Bike:

My Profile
Discover the latest ready to wear in Pakistan. Our collection offers a wide range of styles for every event, ranging from classic to modern. Shop now to add stylish, ready-to-wear items that will instantly boost your collection.

andrewmark 13 Mar 05:31  

Bike:

My Profile
Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work!. Thank you for this wonderful Article!
Luther Overcoat

servisfootwear 13 Mar 05:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Elevate your style with our exquisite collection of Women Heels Shoes in pakistan. Shop now for the latest trends in high-quality footwear. Discover a wide range of styles and designs to suit every occasion. Enjoy fast and reliable shipping.

afrozeh 14 Mar 02:40  

Bike:

My Profile
Shop the latest collection of formal wedding dress at Afrozeh. From elegant gowns to stunning silhouettes, find the perfect dress for your special day.

theentertainer 14 Mar 02:45  

Bike:

My Profile
Get ready for an adventure with our awesome avengers toys We have many Avengers toys for your children. Explore action figures and Avengers play sets inspired by your favorite superheroes. Go into the Marvel universe and let the fun begin. Buy now.

ECS 14 Mar 02:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Upgrade your wardrobe with ECS' simple trouser design. Made with high-quality materials, our trousers offer a comfortable and stylish fit for any occasion. So, grab your trousers today.

Chahyay 14 Mar 03:12  

Bike:

My Profile
Chahyay offers a wide range of bed in pakistan. Explore our collection for the perfect double bed design and bring elegance to your bedroom.

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.