We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

lower back ache

paul448 25 Sep 16:09  

Bike:

My Profile
I am experiencing a slight ache in my lower back lately when i ride my road bike, i think the saddle is set up ok (forearm and outstretched fingers distance from handlebars). It is only very slight and it appears after about 10 miles, could it be how my bike is set up?

My Latest Route: Apr 2009 Sedgley to Newport Loop
paul050079 26 Sep 11:51  

Bike:

My Profile
With the fingers oustreched the centre of the handlebar stem should come to the knuckles only, your arms should be slightly bent when riding, I had the same problem until I found this out. Hope its useful.
Paul

My Latest Route: Oct 2008 Hollington Circular Via Milwich

tbs123 28 Sep 14:52  

Bike:

My Profile
So how would you remedy the problem? I have experienced this problem before, and wondered how the pros keep going for hours in those low positions.

My Latest Route: Mar 2009 Wick Coastal Circular via Colworth

beninem 14 Apr 04:50  

Bike:

My Profile
you may wanto to try & lower the saddle just slightly & see how you get on after 12 -> 15 miles but don't continue if the pain perstits, streching is always a good way to get the back streched ready for a long ride

harley772 23 Mar 11:52  

Bike:

My Profile
sounds like your saddle isn't the right height or ur riding posture wrong ,when u pedal ur legs should take the pressure and make sure ur hips arnt movin when your pedalling

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.